Mocean Energy is seeking a full- or part-time intern interested in wave energy for approximately 6 months to support our engagement in the “Ocean Observing Prize”, our testing as part of Wave Energy Scotland’s Novel WEC Stage 3 project, and other tasks.
Mocean Energy is a start-up wave energy converter (WEC) developer founded in 2015 and based in Edinburgh, Scotland. Our core technology is a hinged raft wave energy converter with a novel geometry that increases energy production by a factor of 5 compared to conventional designs. More can be found here.
The Mocean team is small, but our ambitions are large. Joining us will give you the opportunity to be part of an exciting technology development from its early days with tremendous potential for company and career growth.
6-month internship starting between January and March 2020. Rolling application.
Mocean Energy offices in Edinburgh, Scotland. Must have right to work in UK.
To be discussed. 15-35 hours/week
Project mange and lead our entry in the “Ocean Observing Prize” (americanmadechallenges.org/oceanobserving):
- Act as point of contact.
- Understand requirements and relay them to the team.
- Collect and collate information from the team.
- Write reports and produce drawings.
Support testing as part of Wave Energy Scotland’s Novel WEC Stage 3 project:
- Process test data, including writing scripts to do so.
- Plot data and write reports.
- Some travel to Orkney may be required.
Education: Studying engineering or related field at university. Preferred: experience / interest in fluid dynamics, ocean engineering, naval architecture.
Software: Familiarity with CAD and computer programming Preferred: Experience with SolidWorks and Matlab
- Extremely organized.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain and articulate an overall vision of your projects.
- Enthusiasm and passion.
- Complex problem-solving skills
Send a CV and cover letter to Cameron McNatt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: Internship 2020